Thursday, August 26, 2010

Welcoming Serenity Divine Rebecca

had my baby at the Birthing Center January 26th. It was an amazing experience with it being my first child. I didn't know what I was having so that made it even more great. Dee was the greatest support system a person who's in a labor could ever have.  Never thought it'd be that great! It was like they were a part of my family also. I was so comfortable with them. I wouldn't have wanted my experience to go any other way. My water broke at 5am in the morning while I was getting out of bed to go to the restroom. I told my mom and husband that my water broke and you would think they were the ones who were getting ready to have a baby. I was calmer then they were...lol. I called the center and they told me to stay home until my contractions were 5 minutes apart which was a great idea cause I wouldn't have been wanted it to be any other way. It was such an amazing feeling to know that you’re in control of what’s going on with your body and not some physician pressuring you into getting an epidural and trying to get you on IV, poking you every 30 minutes. I left the house at 6:30 and I arrived at the birthing center at 7 something. By the time I got there I was dilated 5cm. I used the birthing ball which was my best friend during my whole pregnancy and labor. I got in the hydrotherapy tub for no longer than 20 minutes because it made me so comfortable which I'm assuming relaxed me so much that it allowed me to become fully dilated. It was time for my sunshine to come into the world and in three pushes and no rip, my sunshine was born at 9:20am, which I was surprised to find out that it was a girl cause that’s just what I wanted. I named her Serenity Divine Rebecca. Thank you Dee and Mary. I LOVE YOU'LL!

No comments:

Post a Comment